Urinary Tract Infection
Understanding Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) with Hot Chemist
A Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) is a common condition that can cause significant discomfort but is treatable with the right approach. At Hot Chemist, we’re aligned with the NHS Pharmacy First scheme to offer you comprehensive care for UTIs, ensuring you receive timely and effective treatment.
- UTIs can affect any part of your urinary system, including kidneys, bladder, and urethra.
- Women are more susceptible due to anatomical differences.
- Caused by bacteria like E. coli from the gastrointestinal tract or, less commonly, by sexually transmitted infections.
Recognising the Symptoms:
- Persistent urge to urinate and a burning sensation during urination.
- Frequent urination in small amounts.
- Urine that appears cloudy, dark, or has an unusual odor.
- Pelvic pain, particularly in women, around the pubic bone area.
- Female anatomy, sexual activity, certain birth controls, menopause.
- Urinary tract abnormalities or blockages.
- Suppressed immune systems or catheter use can increase susceptibility.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
- Diagnosis is made based on symptoms and confirmed with urine tests.
- Treatment usually involves antibiotics tailored to the type of bacteria and the individual’s specific condition.
- Stay hydrated to dilute urine and flush out bacteria.
- Practice good hygiene, wiping from front to back and urinating after intercourse.
- Consider changing birth control methods if recurrent UTIs are an issue.
At Hot Chemist, we provide a seamless online consultation experience. If you’re experiencing symptoms such as a strong, persistent urge to urinate, or if your urine is cloudy or has a strong odor, our expert and NHS Pharmacy First trained pharmacists are ready to assist you. Using the NHS Pharmacy First framework, we can assess, prescribe and deliver prescribed medications directly to your doorstep, ensuring you get the personalised care you need quickly and discreetly so you can start your recovery as soon as possible. Your health and comfort are our utmost priorities. Trust in our dedicated team and the NHS for all your UTI treatment needs.